The Spraoi Parade 2016
Waterford The Musical
Waterford Spraoi presents the annual spectacular festival parade on Sunday July 31st. Spraoi Artistic Director Mike Leahy says Waterford The Musical is: “….a tongue in cheek celebration of Waterford connections, images and iconography.” This unique festival parade features hundreds of costumed performers, floats, fire and special effects, taking our audience on a nostalgic journey through Vikings, Goats, Hucklebucks, Boats and and Brendan Bowyer. Created by Waterford artists; Waterford The Musical combines entertainment, art and awe and is Ireland’s single biggest spectacle event this summer. You gotta be there!!!!
Waterford City, Sunday July 31st, 9.30 p.m.
- The parade will begin at Johnstown Industrial Estate at 9.30pm and progress via Johns Street, Michael Street, Broad Street, John Roberts Square and Barronstrand Street to its finish on the Quay.
- Traffic diversions and restrictions will occur as the parade moves along the route. There will be absolutely no parking allowed on the parade route, so please try to leave the car behind.
- There will be three fixed ambulance points along the route. Our stewards will guide you to these if required.
- For the Spraoi Parade and Fireworks there will be a specially cordoned off viewing area for the physically disabled and those with special needs on The Quays at the bottom of Keizer Street. The area will be accessible by vehicle from the Reginald’s Tower end of The Quays up to 9pm.
- For situations involving lost children please go to the nearest steward. They will contact the Spraoi Child Welfare officers.
- Please follow any directions given by and be courteous to our stewards. They are there in a purely voluntary capacity for the safety of both the audience and the performers.